Youth partnering with community for social justice and health represents
the vision for The SPOT. True to this vision, The SPOT welcomes ALL youth
(13-24) and responds to their particular needs through a comprehensive model
of health and social services.
At the SPOT youth can
1) access health and prevention services;
2) strive for positive educational and vocational outcomes;
3) have a voice and influence in their communities through leadership opportunities.
Our philosophy requires that the SPOT be structured around the following guiding principles:
1) remove barriers that currently impede youth from seeking or obtaining health and prevention services;
2) create a center separate from a child or adult clinic environment that is youth-specific;
3) combine needed health and social services into a single setting;
4) engage youth in all aspects of the program development and allow opportunities for their leadership to be fostered;
5) successfully link youth into the existing healthcare system by addressing and eliminating specific barriers.